Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Orchids At Palm Court Executive Chef Todd Kelly Travels To New York To Bring Midwest Flavors To The Big Apple at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Chef Kelly is Dedicated to Representing the Rich Culinary Scene in Cincinnati While Participating in Autism Speaks Gala, James Beard House Dinner and New York Wine & Food Festival
October 09, 2015
CINCINNATI, Ohio - From Oct.13-18, Orchids at Palm Court, the only AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant in Ohio, Executive Chef Todd Kelly takes Cincinnati cuisine on the road to New York City. In an effort to continue raising awareness for the rich culinary scene in Cincinnati, Chef Todd Kelly is going on a culinary adventure by participating in upcoming high-profile culinary dinners and events including: the Autism Speaks Gala on Oct.13, a James Beard House dinner on Oct.16 and the New York City Wine & Food Festival on Oct.17 and 18.
Information regarding each event and Chef Kelly's participation is as follows:
- Autism Speaks Gala: Celebrating 10 years since its founding, the Autism Speaks Gala hosts world-renowned chefs who collaborate by cooking rich dishes in the same room to raise funds and awareness for autism. In his first year of attendance, Chef Todd Kelly creates a menu representing his culinary vision of Orchids at Palm Court. A sample of dishes include:
- Egg Custard with Dungeness Crab, garlic chips and soy gelee
- Gulf Snapper "En Papillote" with sweet onions, vadouvan curry and green apple tzatziki
- Braised Veal Cheeks with celery root puree, pickled turnips and crisp enoki mushrooms
- The James Beard House: Celebrating America's rich and diverse culinary history, the James Beard House hosts dinners showcasing the country's most talented chefs. Showcasing seasonal fall ingredients, with many sourced from Cincinnati, a sample of Chef Todd Kelly's and Pastry Chef Megan Ketover's dinner includes:
- Venison Loin with spice berry gel, squash purée, cocoa nibs, port wine-orange jus and whipped sorghum
- Fromage Blanc Custard with hazelnut financier, concord grape, ras el hanout crémuex and "canned" cherries
- New York City Wine & Food Festival: Presented by Food & Wine, this event invites the world's greatest chefs, winemakers, spirits producers and personalities to gather to entertain visitors and develop their palates. Proceeds are donated to help fight against hunger, benefiting the Food Bank for New York City and the No Kid Hungry campaign. Chef Todd Kelly is participating in the Grand Tasting Pavilion and offers guests the following:
- Chicken Liver Mousse with hibiscus gelée topped with curry pine nut granola and micro red ace cabbage
About Orchids at Palm Court and Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Orchids at Palm Court is one of The Restaurants at Palm Court, which also includes The Bar at Palm Court and The Grille at Palm Court. The restaurant features rare Brazilian rosewood walls with German silver-nickel metalwork and lighting fixtures. The two-story ceiling features large Romanesque murals and on the north end of the restaurant is an original Rookwood Pottery fountain flanked by two large Rookwood seahorses, all of which illustrates some of the finest French Art Deco in the world.
Orchids at Palm Court has been recognized as one of the best restaurants in the U.S. Accolades and awards include:
- AAA Five-Diamond, 2015, the only one in Ohio and one of just 63 in North America
- OpenTable has named Orchids at Palm Court "One of the Top 100 Best Restaurants" for five consecutive years including 2014's ranking as No. 7 Best in the U.S.
- Executive Chef Kelly was named the American Culinary Federation's U.S.A. Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the 20,000 chef national organization
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts No. 1 Food and Beverage Hotel in the U.S. for five of the last six years
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts "Award of Excellence" winner - given to the top five performing hotels, 2015
- Forbes Four-Stars rated Orchids at Palm Court or 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Chef Kelly is a Hilton Hotels and Resorts Signature Chef, one of just six in the U.S.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, located in the heart of Cincinnati, is one of the world's finest examples of French Art Deco architecture. The hotel is a charter member of Historic Hotels of America, is a registered National Landmark and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel features 561 updated guestrooms, over 40,000 square feet of meeting space-from boardrooms to ballrooms, including the Hall of Mirrors, one of the Midwest's most breathtaking ballrooms.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza and Orchids at Palm Court are located at 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202. For more information or reservations, call the hotel directly at 513-421-9100 or visit our website at www.cincinnatinetherlandplaza.hilton.com or www.orchidsatpalmcourt.com.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
+1 513 352 1372
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.