Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Hilton Worldwide Recognizes Top Franchise Development Owners in North America
June 13, 2013
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced honors for its top annual development awards in North America. Awards are presented in five categories across the company's portfolio of hotels, including: Developer of the Year, Best Conversion, Deal of the Year, Outstanding Achievement and Lifetime Achievement. Recipients are awarded based on criteria ranging from total number and quality of hotels developed to impact on community and fastest construction time.
"For this last year and a half, Hilton Worldwide has seen significant growth throughout the globe, much in part due to our dedicated franchisees," said Ian Carter, president-global development, Hilton Worldwide. "The strong relationships we have forged over the years with our owner partners allow us to continue to provide superior service to our guests, while also expanding our footprint."
Each full service and focused service brand within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of ten market leading brands honors a Developer of the Year. The awards for 2012 include:
Developer of the Year
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Driftwood Hospitality - Hilton Tampa Downtown
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Bayview Hospitality, Inc. - DoubleTree Toronto Downtown
- Embassy Suites Hotels: BPR Properties - Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown
- Hilton Garden Inn: Chartwell Hospitality LLC - Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Convention Center
- Hampton Hotels: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc. - Multiple Hampton Hotels
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Campus Apartments - Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia/University City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Baywood Hotels - Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore/White Marsh
- Multibrand: Widewaters Hotels
The Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to Robert A. Indeglia Jr., president and chief executive officer of Magna Hospitality Group. Headquartered in Warwick, RI, Magna is a privately held hotel real estate investment firm that is dedicated exclusively to hospitality investment, development and management.
"We are delighted to honor Robert and the team at Magna with the Lifetime Achievement Award," said Carter. "The long-standing relationship with Hilton Worldwide and his dedication to developing our brands has not gone unnoticed and we wish to congratulate him on this achievement."
Franchisees honored in additional categories include:
- Hilton Hotels and Resorts: Hilton Miami Beach Cabana Hotel - a Rockpoint/Highgate/Witkoff Joint Venture
- DoubleTree by Hilton: The St. Louis Union Station - Lodging Hospitality Management
- Hilton Garden Inn: Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood - RLJ Lodging Trust
- Hampton: Hampton Inn Washington DC/White House - OTO Development
Deal of the Year
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Waldorf Astoria Chicago - Equity Group Investments
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Hilton Santa Fe Mexico City - E-Group & Diámetro Arquitectos
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Tropicana Las Vegas
- Embassy Suites Hotels: Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa, Ala. - Kemmons Wilson, Inc.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown - First Hospitality Group
- Hampton: Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown, NH - Cathartes Private Investments & XSS Hotels
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Center City - 1200 Arch Hotel Partners LP
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Homewood Suites by Hilton Midtown Manhattan West, NY
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Jose Luis Martinez, Juan Carlos Martinez, Gisella Martinez - Hilton Lima, Peru
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Homecourt Hospitality - DoubleTree by Hilton North Charleston
- Hilton Garden Inn: The Loudermilk Companies - Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Buckhead
- Hampton: Premiere Development Group Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Turf Hotels - Homewood Suites Saratoga Springs, NY
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Griffin Stafford Hospitality - Home 2 Suites Durham, NC
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms, in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.