Fact SheetHilton History
Read the news
By Property TypeBy Topic
Get the facts
Hilton HuanyingHilton Blue Papers and Research
- Photos & videos
Let us help you
Media Accommodation Request FormContact Us
Jacqueline ToppingsCONTACTMedia Inquiries ADDRESS7930 Jones Branch Drive
Brand Public Relations,
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
McLean, Virginia 22102
Careers@HiltonLive Is Coming To Edinburgh
April 01, 2012
EDINBURGH, Scotland - Caledonian Hilton, Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and Hilton Edinburgh Airport are inviting locals to take part in a unique series of events showcasing careers in hospitality. From Monday 16th April 2012, Hilton Worldwide will host Careers@HiltonLive, a week-long initiative designed to offer practical tips and advice and allow passionate job seekers and those interested in the hospitality industry the opportunity to go behind-the-scenes at its hotels to find out more.
Caledonian Hilton, Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and Hilton Edinburgh Airport are calling on people of all ages and backgrounds to get involved and to use this exclusive opportunity to discover career options at Hilton Worldwide, meet and chat with hospitality experts and receive useful information on job-seeking skills. A number of events will take place at the hotel including:
- 17 April 2012: Caledonian Hilton's executive chef, Spencer Wilson, and one of his team will be working with Telford College students to offer coaching, advice on career opportunities and help prepare the students for forthcoming practical exams.
- 17 April, 2012: Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and Hilton Edinburgh Airport will be working with Scottish Business in the Community to support The Adult Mentoring Program. Both hotels will be providing one week placements for mature adults who are looking to get back into employment as part of 'A Day in the life of a Concierge/Porter'.
- 18 April, 2012 10am - 4pm: Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and Hilton Edinburgh Airport hotel teams will be running a Basic Food Hygiene course for job seekers through Job Centre Plus.
- 18 April 2012: The head chefs from Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and Hilton Edinburgh Airport will be supporting The Prince's Trust 'Get in Cooking' program by judging its cooking competition, as well as providing two one week placements for those involved with the program.
- 19 April, 2012 2pm - 6pm: Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor will be hosting a recruitment open afternoon to advise those looking for employment of the opportunities available at Hilton Worldwide.
- 19 April, 2012: Hilton Edinburgh Airport will be inviting 2nd Year students from St Augustine's High School to the World of Work Day at the hotel, highlighting potential careers in hospitality with interactive activities.
- 20 April 2012: Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor will be welcoming S3 Home Economics pupils from Broughton High School for a visit of the hotel and to meet with the hotel chefs. They will be given an introduction to the opportunities available within the hospitality industry.
- 20 April 2012: Hilton Edinburgh Airport will be organizing an activity afternoon for Jewel and Esk College 'Bridging to Work' students - including cooking demonstrations from head chef David Thornton.
- 20 April 2012: Caledonian Hilton Senior chefs will be working with Telford College students to offer coaching, advice on career opportunities and help prepare the students for forthcoming practical exams.
Hilton Worldwide recently announced the creation of 8,500 new careers across Europe, through the expansion of its hotel brands and the safeguarding of an additional 2,500 hospitality careers through the conversion of existing hotels to Hilton Worldwide brands. The inaugural Careers@HiltonLive builds on the company's commitment to raise awareness of careers in hospitality and to recruit and nurture talented individuals.
Simon Vincent, area president Europe, Hilton Worldwide, said, "Careers@HiltonLive is a great opportunity for anyone interested in a hospitality career to meet our teams on the ground in our hotels and to receive practical advice and tips for their next career move. It's an exciting industry and a great time to join Hilton Worldwide as we are experiencing significant growth and offer a wide variety of rewarding career options - from hotel general manager through to cocktail mixologist."
There will also be a live Facebook careers chat on www.facebook.com/hiltoncareers on Friday 20th April from 1.30pm to 2.30pm GMT where jobseekers will have the opportunity to put their career-related questions to an expert panel from Hilton Worldwide.
For further information about any of the Careers@HiltonLive events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 519 4432 or visit Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor or Hilton Edinburgh Airport www.facebook.com/hiltoncareers. For information on job vacancies with Hilton Worldwide visit www.hiltonworldwide.com/careers
0141 222 2266 / 07515 066358
0141 222 2266
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world's travelers. With more than 570 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms, in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.